SIM Cards known to work with Pebble

Hello. Did you setting your pebble? I’m from
Romania to, can you give me some advice?

Yes you can do that :+1:t2:

Just buy a sim card from Vodafone and you will be fine ! :innocent:

Anyone know any SIM to work in UK tried Three/O2/Vodafone none of those work

Are you sure Vodafone doesn’t work? It’s known to work pretty well in EU in conjunction with the board used by Pebble. You can Make sure you are in a place well covered by the Vodafone cellular network and try again, then report here what exactly does not work (can you see the cellular network signal? Notice that it may take up to 2 minutes to find it in the beginning).

Yes I have vodafone coverage in my area it works in mobile phones full signal but not in pebble tracker, it just searching for network.

Btw how to connect that antenas which included in pack and how to open unit, as far I explored it’s glued in

Please notice that normal cellular SIM cards will not work with Pebble Tracker: you need an IoT SIM card that supports either NB-IoT or LTE-M cellular bands in your country.

If I’m not wrong, Vodafone sells a “Smart SIM” for IoT devices, alternatively, you can buy one from IoTeX on https://autobahn.earth

As for the antennas, those are intended for hardware developers that want to customize the installation of Pebble: in this case, they would dismount the unit and get the internal board to personalize the installation and, if needed, they have spare antennas included.

No you can’t buy it from autobahn- the website is merely a splash page- no functionality at all.

In UK they have limited verified devices which work with that card

I’ve purchased through autobahn, final screen says it was a success, got charged twice, but I don’t see the sim card orders loaded or in “My Sim Cards” Section. Any advice?

@Redcedar autobahn.earth is actually fully working and allows anyone to buy SIM cards. It’s been accepting orders for over a month now.

You will see your SIM cards listed once they are shipped.
Please PM me the Metamask address you used to perform the order and I can check if you ordered one or two SIMs

My Pebble arrived today, I’ve just ordered the SIM from Autobahn, I’m in Lithuania.

Doesn’t seem like NB-IoT or LTE-M are supported here according to the country list but I’ll try it out.

Hello! I bought a Pebble device. I tried to order the SIM card on the Autobahn. I get to point 5 and then he tells me that the purchase was successful. But this acquisition does not appear anywhere. Besides, I’m not sure it’s okay. It always occurs to me that I have 0 USDT when I connect my Metamask wallet. I mention that I have USDT in Metamask on the Binance Smart Chain and Etherum network. Do I have to have USDT on the IOTEX network? If so, can you tell me how to transfer USDT from the other networks mentioned above to the IOTEX network? I don’t know how to proceed. Thanks!

my sim is not working

Hey @RoK, Yes, the USDT needs to be on the IoTeX chain. I just went through the process 2 days ago. This is what I did.

• Imported my MetaMask wallet into iopay wallet
  • Clicked ‘Receive’ to get my IoTeX address (Under the QR code make sure ‘io’ is selected and not ‘0x’)
  • Sent USDT to Binance
  • Bought IOTX with USDT
  • Sent IOTX to my new IoTeX address
  • Went through the steps to buy a sim card and clicked on the link ‘Buy USDT on mimo’
  • Swapped IOTX to USDT on mimo
  • Started the ‘buy a sim card’ steps again (I may have signed out and signed back in again :thinking: )
  • This time I was able to go through the whole process and buy the card. It is currently listed as ‘precessing’ under the ‘My SIM card orders’ section.

I’m sorry if I missed a step along the way. It felt like a lot of steps to get it done.

My questions for anybody that may know:
How long is the normal processing time?
Also
Why is is so expensive to send a SIM card to Canada? The total came to $41.90 USDT for one card… That’s $38.21 CAD ($29.90 USD) in shipping to send a thin envelope?? I would expect that much for a package, but not for a SIM card.

Anyway I hope the information helps you get your card @RoK.

I just received sim card from autobahn earth. i live in USA
but somehow LTE antenna never shows up on screen. I ordered flexsim 1NCE sim card.
any idea?

i put my sim card into the pebble tracker and the icon on the display keep on, its suppose to disappear the icon of the sim card when i put into the pebble tracker but doesn’t disappear. and the signal bar keeping blinking. any help please.

@Eddyb88 What SIM card did you use? Is it the 1NCE SIM card? Is your country supported (see https://1nce.com/wp-content/2022-1NCE-Coverage.pdf - either NB-IoT or LTE-M should be checked for your Country)

I used “INTERNET MOVIL IOT” from Claro in Dominican Republic. It’s supposed to disappear the icon of the SIM card on the display with any sim card too.