About Dr. Xinxin Fan

Dr. Xinxin Fan was a senior research scientist of the Security and Privacy Group at Bosch Research Technology Center North America. He defined and conducted innovative research on security and privacy for IoT, machine-to-machine communication, cloud computing, multi-party computation, data mining, cryptocurrency, and blockchain. He was the core team member for the design, analysis, and implementation of Bosch’s searchable encryption solution and secured a multi-party computation platform.

Prior to his post at Bosch Research and Technology Center, Dr. Xinxin Fan was a research associate at the University of Waterloo and the project manager for the Ontario Research Fund — Research Excellence (ORF-RE) project titled “Privacy and Security in Mobile Ad Hoc Communications and Embedded Systems”. He served as a security consultant for multiple cybersecurity startups in North America, such as Nymi, TrustPoint Innovation Technologies, Revere Security by helping these companies to bring their products into the tech market.

Dr. Xinxin Fan received his Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Waterloo in 2010, specializing in applied cryptography. He is also a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) from (ISC)2. He has published extensively in the field of cryptography.

He will be a great addition to our growing team as our Head of Cryptography! A big welcome to Dr. Fan!

Why did Dr. Fan join IoTeX?

IoTex is a young blockchain startup focusing on solving the unique challenges in the Internet of Things (IoT) domain with respect to scalability, security, and privacy. After an initial discussion with the team, I am impressed by its passion, technical background, and execution capabilities. I am highly confident that the team is able to build a cutting-edge, IoT-oriented blockchain platform that will disrupt multiple industries and change the way how people interact with the physical world. I am extremely happy to join this great team and make contributions to the blockchain and IoT communities.

About Dr. Fan: LinkedIn | Website | Google Scholar