Having issue staking IOTX using IoPay

Hello, I’ve been trying to stake my IOTX tokens. Every time I attempt to create a new stake I get an error message saying “Please use ioPay desktop, import & unlock your wallet, and refresh this page to continue.” I’ve tried refreshing the page. That still brings up the same error message. I’m completely set up and live IoPay desktop while doing this and I clicked the staking option from there which took me to the staking website page. I’m using a Ledger on a Mac computer. Any help with this is greatly appreciated as I’d love to begin staking my tokens!

Thank you!

IOPAY mobile wallet will work.

IOPAY mobile wallet will work.

[Discourse post]

Would it be possible to use the desktop version of the wallet instead? I prefer not to use my mobile device for crypto transactions.

I cant seem use a Ledger wallet on the IoPay mobile app. Can someone help me with the desktop wallet issue im having? I prefer to use it and would I’d like to stake my tokens.

@oneness I use the ioPay desktop wallet with a Ledger Nano S, and it works great. Have you been able to stake your native Iotex tokens yet? Have you seen your tokens on the chain by using your Ledger with the ioPay desktop wallet? This is very important first. If you have done that, read on.

I think the order of the following steps doesn’t matter, but first open Ledger Live and make sure you have the latest version. Also make sure you have the latest version of the Iotex App installed on your Ledger. Those steps will help your overall management of your Ledger device.

After that:
Open your internet browser and go to stake.iotex.io
Scroll down to where you see “My Stakes” and click it.
Open your ioPay desktop wallet, unlock your Ledger, and select the Iotex App on your Ledger
Go back to stake.iotex.io and click the handy refresh link next to “New Stake” and “Compound Interest Bucket” on the right side.

Some tips:
I recommend visiting iotex.smartstake.io to help you decide which validator to stake to, and also very helpful is the website tool at http://hermes.to to see if the validator you choose has automatic staking rewards distribution set up.

Cheers!

Hi, any updates on the issue? I’ve got the exact same one. I allready tried different browser…
Also I want to use my ledger Nano (X), too, so I need to use the desktop app. The iotx can be seen on iotex scan and generally accessed via iopay desktop app, but staking doesn’t seem to work.
I’ve also tried to use another wallet, where i allready staked iotx from iopay mobile, but the staking doesn’t seem to work with the desktop app, too.
I’m using Win10, btw…
All related Software is up to date.

Thank you for the help! Unfortunately Im still having the same issue.

Hi there,

Unfortunately Im still having the same issue.Im on a Mac. I can also store IOTX with no problem. Its just that I cant stake unfortunately. I hope that someone for IoTex could find the solution for this.

Hm, I am sorry you are not able to stake yet. Maybe the block is in the web browser you use. I use the Google Chrome web browser. I don’t know how http://stake.iotex.io is able to detect when my ioPay desktop wallet is open and my ledger device is unlocked, but the website detects that and then allows me to stake.

@oneness Here is something interesting to me I just now discovered. I discovered that when I click on “Stake Your IOTX!” an error window appears that looks to me like what you described. I have my ioPay desktop wallet open and my ledger device unlocked but that error window still appears.

Maybe you have not noticed the other link at stake.iotex.io. Scroll down to where you see “Delegate List My Stakes Governance Delegation”

Click on “My Stakes”

I hope this helps.

Best!

I have to make apology. I was mistaken. My ledger device was not unlocked. After I opened the Iotex app on my ledger device and also had the ioPay desktop wallet open and then used it to connect to my ledger and then refreshed stake.iotex.io inside the Chrome browser then “Stake Your IOTX!” link worked.

I have to make apology. I was mistaken. My ledger device was not unlocked. After I opened the Iotex app on my ledger device and also had the ioPay desktop wallet open and then used it to connect to my ledger and then refreshed stake.iotex.io inside the Chrome browser then “Stake Your IOTX!” link worked.

[Discourse post]

Is there any way to debug the problem? To get a better understanding what exactly is going wrong? Like how does the communication between website<–>browser<–>iopay does work?

Nevermind, I found the solution. Using the deleoper mode of the browser I figured out th eproblem quite fast: I’m running an dns-filter (pi-hole) in my LAN what obviously caused the issues. Using my smartphone as mobile hotspot solved the problem.
So if anybody also has these kind of problem: check your LAN or simply give it a try from a different network.