I suggest you consider a complete redesign of the web

Just a friendly suggestion, I suggest you seriously consider rebuilding the entire iotex web and improving its usability. The current release is quite confusing.
A lot of links open in the new browser window, it is visually quite inconsistent through various sections, I also found a few bugs and illogicalities in navigation.
If necessary, I can elaborate in detail.

Hello Goran​ ​,

Thanks for writing in.

I understand and thank you for your suggestions. I have passed them on to the development team responsible for handling such requests.

2 Likes

Hello Goran​ ​,

Thanks for writing in.

Can you please share more details? What specific changes do you suggest?

1 Like

Ok, give me some time, i will write in more details.

Ok, give me some time, i will write in more details.

[Discourse post]

I won’t go into the details of the visual design and typography, just a couple of inconsistencies in usability.

• Don’t use the target="_blank" link attribute if not absolutely necessary. Currently several links open a new window for no reason (Ecosystem, Team, Get IOTX, MachineFi,burndrop, staking, blog…).
  • The “Discover IoTeX” link does not have a drop-down menu indicator.
  • Staking portal footer contains title “footer.about_us” and dead link (launch), couple of link go to same CMC page.
  • MachineFi logo, clicking on it opens a new browser window with the same MachineFi page.
  • On MachineFi, Burndrop and Staking sections the visitor no longer has the option to return to the main site (except using Back in browser), even if he clicks on the iotex logo.
  • If the user is logged in to the iopay wallet and visits the Staking section (web), click on the My Stake tab (or any other tab) make the page scroll up and focus on the top of the page, even though the tabs(Delegate list, My Stakes, Governance Delegation are located below, so the user has to scroll down again to see selected tab.
  • Same page (staking) My Rewards section that shows no values, even though I have 35,000 iotx on the stack for months.
  • Blog section, again visualy new top menu, no footer links.
  • I don’t see a link to the IoTeX community forum on the main site.

Why not leave the same main navigation everywhere, and if the current section has additional navigation, incorporate it as an additional / separate menu specific to that section?
Keep website navigation consistent, with all important links inside (drop-down menu if required) so visitors can flow from one page to another without frustration.
Also if possible use breadcrumbs, hierarchical navigation links that appear on a specific page bellow header. They tell visitor how that page is nested within other pages on site.

Overall, the website gives the impression of some confusing dispersion. I suggest you take this into consideration to give users a better experience.
As an example you can look at the Etherum or Cardano websites.

Anyway, I love Iotx project.

1 Like

Hello Goran​ ​,

Thanks for writing in.

Thank you very much for your detailed report. I have sent it to the team for analysis.

1 Like