IoTeX Staking Guide (for Desktop Wallet)

IoTeX Network Main-Net Alpha launched on April 22th 2019 and today we are ready to receive voters for our more than 50 delegates, which you can find under the Member Portal:
https://member.iotex.io

Step 1: Create a IoTeX account

Using Web wallet

Using Desktop wallet

Using Mobile wallet
https://iopay.iotex.io/

Write down your private key, mnemonic seed phrase, keystore file and securely store it. Whoever has access to the this data also has access to your funds!

You will now to top up your address with IOTX tokens.

Step 2: Stake your IOTX

In the IoPay Desktop wallet, make sure that you are connected with address have some IOTX.

To start the staking process, go to the Memeber Portalhttps://member.iotex.io/. Here you will see a list of all delegates. You can study information about them.

Click “ Vote ” in order to start the staking process. Now click the “I understand. Continue” — button.

Choose the amount of IOTX you want to use for staking under “ Amount ”. Make sure to leave some funds (~1 IOTX) in your account for fee\gas.

Choose for what period you agree to block tokens under “ Stake duration

Choose for Auto-Stake or without Auto-Stake.

Then click “ Proseed to Vote ”.

Now you can check your settings and if there is a need to change them by clicking on the “ Edit ” - button. After checking the options for this basket. Then click “ Yes, make transaction ”.

Please confirm on IoTeX wallet !!!

Go to our previously opened Desktop wallet and confirm the transaction: “ Yes, sign transaction

After 5–10 seconds, you will be able to see that your transaction is successful (sometimes you may need to click again to confirm the transaction), both in IoPay and on the Member Portal

The baskets with your votes will be displayed on the Member Portal, to see them, each time you need to open IoPay with your assets first.

Congratulations, your are now a Voters on the IoTeX network!
Thanks for your trust and votes. In case you have any questions, need more assistance, always feel free to reach out to us.

4 Likes

Reserve for updates…

Great tutorial! I think it will be very useful!

Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Hello.

How do you unstake IoTex?

I do not see an Unstake button.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello @deepside Thanks for reaching out to us as regard how to unstake $IOTX on IoTeX Network.

Kindly follow this guide:

On ioPay Mobile

1. Login to iopay app on your mobile device and in the main menu at the top bar find “stake”

2. Select the bucket you want to unstake and click on it
    *If you have multiple buckets to unstake, please do them one by one

3. Make sure that the staking duration for that bucket is 0 and click “Edit” » “Unstake”
    *Turn off auto-stake in order for the stake duration countdown to begin and then return to this step

4. Please allow 3 days for the tokens to withdraw and after, come back to the bucket to “Withdraw Stake” the tokens

5. If the operation was successful, your staked tokens will show up in your wallet balance

On ioPay Desktop

1. Open iopay desktop on your computer + https://member.iotex.io/ in your browser

2. Click on “My Votes” {https://member.iotex.io/} the page will refresh for your wallet to sync with the site

3. Select the bucket you want to unstake and click on it
    *If you have multiple buckets to unstake, please do them one by one

4. Make sure that the staking duration for that bucket is 0 and click “Edit” » “Unstake”
    *Turn off auto-stake in order for the stake duration countdown to begin

5. Please allow 3 days for the tokens to withdraw and come back to the bucket to “Withdraw Stake” the tokens

6. If the operation was successful, your staked tokens will show up in your wallet balance

Kindly let us know if you have additional question. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Thank you. However I do not see what Bucket you are taking about? There is nothing with the title ‘Bucket’

This is all I see:

Hello @tadex

When you say click on buckets, what do you mean? ie. When I click on coredev it takes me back to the same page: https://member.iotex.io/my-votes It does not take me to any page that will allow me to Unstake. See my previous post where it shows the Unstake as ‘Not applicable’ and greyed out.

Also if I try to change the Stake Duration to ‘0’, I get the following error.

Please advise. Thank you.

Hello! You need select 14 days!

Auto-Stake = infinite number of days

Staking with out auto-stake
blocking = 91 days
After that, tokens are available for claim (3 days)

Staking on Auto-Stake
lock = 91
Tokens are blocking for an infinite number of days
Until the moment when you turn off the lock.
If you have disabled the block, your block is set for 91 days, as 91 expire, you can claim tokens (and after 3 days they will become available)

1 Like

I’ve tried to unstake on a few of the buckets I have setup and it’s not working or if it is it’s now showing up in the status of the mobile or desktop app that my tokens are coming off of staking. I’ve tried it with 14 days as was mentioned above and even 1 day. Like it was also pointed out in this thread trying to put the stake duration at 0 just gets an error message. Hoping someone on this forum can shed some light on what is going on and what we have to do to unstake.

2 Likes

Hey there,
When I staked I didnt click “auto stake”
On mobile I am able to edit my stake and switch “auto stake” on and then I continue and it says I was successful, however, when I go back and look, it still says I dont have “auto stake” on…

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi, lake!
Did you manage to remove the lock?

Hello, Hoopla!
If you have such an icon in your basket, then your basket has an automatic bid and has been blocked for more than 91 days.

Do you want to participate in Burn-Drop? So you want to auto-stake?

Hey Leo,

Thanks for replying. I do NOT have that icon :frowning:

Yes I would like to participate in burn-drop and auto stake.

I staked 6600 IOTX for 100 days but did not turn on Auto Stake

You need to go to your baskets - “My Votes”,
Click on the “Action” button and select - “Restake”

Then specify the number of days to block (must be at least the number that you currently have).
Rotate Auto-Stake Value
Click OK
The module will send you to the next page where your parameters will be indicated. If everything is correct, click OK again.
then you will need to sign the transaction in you walley (ioPay)

It is necessary to remember that Auto-Stake means blocking your tokens for an infinite time until you disable the option. After disabling the option, you will have to wait for the number of days that you specified.

For the Burn-Drop program - at least 91 days + auto-stake, you must

1 Like

See up for answer=))

1 Like

I have done all those steps and at first it says “successful” but then when I look at the action it says “failed”

Could my problem maybe be coming from using the mobile app?

1 Like

Maybe… Try it on Desktop

If it doesn’t work, then write @zimne (TG) or post an issue on GitHub

Hi Hoopla, please pm me on telegram at https://t.me/zimne

2 Likes

Thank you for all the help, I have messaged @zimne on Telegram. I really appreciate the community here.