IoTeX web3 address - how to get this on ethereum

Hello community,

I have sent 1200 itox (erc-20) from coinbase pro to the web3 address of my iopay wallet used by my ledger nano s. Coinbase pro verfied it as an valid iotx address!

This is my ioPay account:

The io address was given by the ioPay desktop app and when you toggle on top right of the page to 0x it says: 0xfad1e50478cb139b1590ae54cc5dcff7a955263c

But it seems that the transaction ran only on ethereum:

So in my Opinion I have to add the 0xfad… address to the ledger for ethereum. But I don’t know how this works! For software wallets there is a function in ioPay (desktop) to get the private key, so it’s easy to add the ioPay wallet as an account to meta mask. But when I use my ledger there isn’t any possibility to get the corresponding private key for ERC20-Tokens!

Please help me!

Thanks in advance,
Michael

1 Like

Hey it’s easy to recover it. U just need to import your private key (iopay) to metamax wallet. After import use iotube.org to bridge your token from erc 20 to iopay to convert native.

Note

• Don’t share your private key to anyone.

Hello Gopinath,

thanks for your answer! Sounds great news.

Can you explain where I can get the private key for my ioPay wallet? I don’t find any function to extract it from my Ledger.

Many thanks,
Michael

Go to Tools - IoTeX to address convert

Please join iotex official telegram channel
IoTeX Official Group
IoTeX Official Group. https://iotex.io
Telegram: Contact @IoTeXGroup

I tried to find you, but the only user with the tag “IoTeXGroups” is named “Kevin”.

Thanks a lot!

I tried to find you, but the only user with the tag “IoTeXGroups” is named “Kevin”.

Thanks a lot!

[Discourse post]

If you have any doubts u can ask in telegram group admin will reply you.

If you have any doubts u can ask in telegram group admin will reply you.

[Discourse post]

Or u can tag me @iotexboy in telegram

Or u can tag me @iotexboy in telegram

[Discourse post]