Mainnet v1.2 Launch Campaign is now active again as of Tuesday, May 11! Anyone can join from now until May 24.
NOTE: For anyone that joined this campaign before May 10, please re-submit your campaign form as we rolled back the Testnet for maintenance. Thank you for your understanding, contact us via Discord & Telegram with any questions.
Introducing Babel: Web3.js for Ethereum Tools on IoTeX
IoTeX is an EVM-compatible blockchain that supports Solidity-based smart contracts, allowing Ethereum Dapps to be easily ported to IoTeX. To make it even easier for launch Dapps on IoTeX, as part of Mainnet v1.2 we are launching Babel, our new Web3.js wrapper that enables IoTeX users/devs to access the rich ecosystem of Ethereum tools and use them on IoTeX. This means you can configure MetaMask, Remix, Truffle, and more to work seamlessly with the IoTeX Network by simply pointing them to a Babel Endpoint!
The Mainnet v1.2 code has been cut, and IoTeX Delegates will have until May 24 to upgrade their nodes after which Mainnet v1.2 will be officially activated. Until then, enjoy the capabilities of Babel on the IoTeX Testnet!
Mainnet v1.2 + Babel – Launch Campaign
To celebrate this monumental release, we are hosting a special Mainnet v1.2 + Babel Launch Campaign for you to experience Babel on the IoTeX Testnet before it goes live on Mainnet on May 24! Using Babel is so easy that both devs and non-devs can participate – here is how to participate:
- Campaign Dates: May 10 - May 24
- To be eligible for this campaign, you must:
– Join our Telegram & Discord channels
– Retweet our campaign announcement on Twitter
- Each person can only submit one entry – any signs of duplicate entries or cheating of any kind will result in perma-ban from future IoTeX campaigns!
- Anyone that completes Level 1 & Level 2 will get: 100 IOTX + 1,000 VITA
- 3 lucky draw raffle winners will each get: 2,000 IOTX
- For every Level you complete, you will earn 1 lucky draw raffle ticket:
– Level 1: Use our Faucet to get IOTX-T (Testnet tokens)
– Level 2: Configure MetaMask + send an IOTX-T transaction
– Level 3: Deploy a simple contract with Remix IDE
– Level 4: Use Truffle to migrate a “MetaCoin” contract
Post campaign notes
Prizes for correctly completing levels 1 & 2 will be paid within 2 weeks of the campaign ending, and will be sent to the same address you used to participate in the campaign. Meanwhile please make sure you switch your ioPay or Metamask wallet to mainnet and stay tuned for the payout announcement.
Lucky draw winners will be randomly selected and will get the prize after 10 more days: please reach out to an ambassador in Telegram or to an admin in Discord within these 10 days if you think your submission was rejected by mistake.
Complete this form with your campaign information.
Level 1: Use our Faucet to get IOTX-T (Testnet tokens)
Create an IoTeX wallet via ioPay and claim 1,000 IOTX-T (Testnet tokens) from our new Testnet Faucet. You will need a Google email address to use the Faucet – if you don’t have one, please contact an Admin on Telegram & Discord.
Link to the faucet transaction on iotexscan, e.g.https://testnet.iotexscan.io/address/0xe9c654b39acc58bba7a064cdfbe359eb21bd2cfd
Level 2: Configure MetaMask + send an IOTX-T transaction
Download MetaMask and import your IoTeX Wallet using your private key. Configure MetaMask with IoTeX Testnet as a custom RPC. Then use MetaMask to send 888 IOTX-T tokens to any other address (note: every IoTeX address has a corresponding Ethereum address that shares the same private key; convert IoTeX ↔️ Ethereum address using this tool)
- Transaction link of your IOTX-T token transfer (e.g., https://testnet.iotexscan.io/action/050c9764e0bde004f1eb67c4cc58e71e137a9afa00ef9e852c92ada039e47399)
- Screenshot of transaction details in MetaMask (see example below)
Level 3: Deploy a simple contract with Remix IDE
Deploy this SimpleToken contract (copy/paste the smart contract code in the link) to the IoTeX Testnet using Remix IDE. You may reference these Remix Dev Docs to complete this smart contract deployment – if you are new to smart contracts + IDEs, you may reach out to an Admin on our Dev Discord.
- Contract deployment transaction link (e.g. https://testnet.iotexscan.io/action/8a23f67a53818c2ff7599c9f72378229a60f78860a808ad3794010431f0c517d)
- Screenshot of contract deployment details in MetaMask :
Level 4. Use Truffle to migrate the “MetaCoin” contract
Install Truffle, “unbox” the MetaCoin example, and run the migration to the IoTeX Testnet. If you are new to Truffle, you may reach out to an Admin on our Dev Discord.
- Deployment Transaction link
- Screenshot of “ truffle migrate” command output where “MetaCoin” deployment is visible:
Complete this form with your campaign information.
Mainnet v1.2 is Coming Soon!
The next major upgrade of the IoTeX blockchain, including the launch of our Babel Web3.js API Wrapper, is coming soon. The Mainnet v1.2 code has been cut, and IoTeX Delegates will have until May 24 to install the code release, after which Mainnet v1.2 will be officially activated. Until then, enjoy exploring the capabilities of Babel on the IoTeX Testnet!
For more details, see our Mainnet v1.2 blog.