Welcome to the Official IoTeX Delegates thread – here you will find information regarding Delegate roles & responsibilities, node requirements, onboarding instructions, and more.
Must-Read Delegate Resources
If you are interested in becoming a Delegate and need support, please drop a comment in this thread or reach out to us on Telegram.
What is a Delegate?
IoTeX is a digital democracy where token-holders stake IOTX and vote for Delegates to maintain/grow the network. The top 36 voted Delegates are Consensus Delegates, who are eligible to produce blocks on behalf of the IoTeX Network. For their services, Delegates are rewarded in IOTX tokens, which they may share with their voters.
What Are the Requirements To Be a Delegate?
IoTeX is a decentralized network – anyone may register to become a Delegate at any time. However, all Delegates must meet the minimum requirements below (updated June 2020). To become a Delegate, the minimum self-stake is 1.2 million IOTX and the annual hardware costs are ≤$600 per year.
For more information, please see our all-in-one Delegate Handbook.
How Do I Become a Delegate?
Please follow the steps below to set up your Delegate node:
- Learn about the Delegates Program by reading our Delegate Handbook
- Schedule a meeting with IoTeX (optional) – email [email protected]
- Create a website and/or social media channels to communicate with voters
- Set up your node/server – full instructions on the IoTeX Github
- Register your Delegate profile by following our step-by-step instructions
- After completing the steps above, you will be eligible to receive votes!