Question for you crypto gods

How do I transfer my IOTX on the Eth network to the IoT network without losing my IOTX? Can I just convert the address from Eth to IoTeX?

1 Like

Hello Pete,

Thanks for writing in.

I’m attaching the step by step instructions to move your IOTX ERC20 from the Ethereum network to the IoTeX network, inside ioPay (the official IoTeX native wallet):

Prerequisites (on IoTeX):

• download and install the IoTeX official mobile wallet at iopay.iotex.io
  • from your mobile browser, go to iotexdefi.com
  • click the link “Enable Discover Tab”

Prerequisites (on Ethereum):

• make sure you installed the Metamask wallet
  • browse with Metamask to iotexdefi.com
  • in iotexdefi.com click the link “Add IoTeX Mainnet”

Steps by step instructions:

1. Withdraw your IOTX-ERC20 (e.g. from Coinbase, or Bittrex) to your Metamask Address
  2. Connect your Metamask to the IoTeX bridge at https://iotube.org
  3. In iotube.org: select “Ethereum” as the source network and “IoTeX” as the destination network
  4. In iotube.org: use your ioPay address as the recipient address, and execute the transfer
  5. In ioPay: open the discover tab and select the “mimo” App
  6. In mimo: select WIOTX as the source token and click “max” to swap your entire WIOTX balance
  7. In mimo, select IOTX as the destination token
  8. In mimo, confirm the swap

You should now have all your IOTX native in ioPay, ready to stake!

Best regards,

IoTeX Support Team

4 Likes

People don’t give up. They will win if we don’t keep up the pressure. Go post on IOTX, Crypto.com and Coinbase owners personal social accounts. If anyone can write an article an get it published. I will write one if there’s places to post or publish that IOTX stole our money and is currently laughing at us. It has caused lots of frustration and turmoil for many people. Don’t give up and post about it everywhere we can.

Is this conversion 1:1?

Thank you for the feedback, I just wish I knew that last week. That said, I screwed up. I have installed both the desktop and mobile apps for IoTeX and MetaMask. My desktop Metamask is tied to the following networks:

1. Ethereum Mainnet
  2. Iotex Mainet
  3. IoTeX Posket Portal

Yesterday (30 Nov 2021), from my MetaMask wallet (desktop) I went to iotube.org (V5) tried to bridge, however could not figure out exactly how to actually bridge from the Eth network where my 7000 IoTeX were to the IoTex network, (I learned later that the green arrow would switch between token types). Since I could not get Tube V5 to work I tried Tube V4 ioTube.

This is where I screwed up, on V4 I tied my MetaMask wallet to the Etherum network and started the conversion process (I went with default settings). I added my account address from my ioPay wallet (desktop). Upon completion, my MetaMask wallet shows that on Nov 30 the transaction was confirmed. However, the tokens never showed up in my ioPay wallet. I can see the transaction details on Etherscan.

Here is the address I sent from: 0x4c012d0970a2d537c9bd5159b59656d028bb34ee, here is the transaction hash: 0x9e0ded560f3c321815a6b25bcf5325f34c6a29a9a96525502097b4b02d7c2dbf

Did I lose my money?

Depends on what you mean by 1:1? This is an open forum, and I am seeking help from the IoTeX community. If you need to contact me for a side bar, let me know.

FYI. I was on Telegram yesterday in the IoTeX Official Group trying to get help on this issue, and was approached by user “Administrator Cm” who claimed he was with IoTeX. This scum ball scammer actually called me from his shit-hole bunker in his third world country trying to tell me I needed to validate my wallet on his website in order to resolve the matter. Yes, I downloaded to conversation.

The only communications I want are with the Crypto Gods at IoTex.

Dude, really! The crypto scene is new and a bit confusing to a lot of people. As with anything new, there is a learning curve. Why would IoTeX steal “our money”?

Dude, really! You are just one of the lucky ones who bought the coins from Coinbase and not from an exchange that supports the native coin. If it was the other way around and you would have thousands of dollars missing in limbo, I bet you wouldn’t be calling these people the “Crypto Gods at ioTex” when they blame you for the mistake and insult you by calling inexperienced when in reality this company started the project so quickly that they didn’t think about the repercussions of handling several versions of the coins and how people would have issues by trading one coin for another not being compatible. They could have named each version differently so it wouldn’t create confusion amongst investors. I don’t think ioTex is stealing our money but they are responsible for the misplaced coins and they have the power to force the exchanges to support the native coin but they choose not to do it and to ignore our requests. If it was you with thousands of dollars stuck what would you do?

1 Like

Will one Erc20 convert to one native? Or will they exchange based on value. I really have next to none but I plan to buy more to convert and stake. But at this point idk if I want to even try it with the few I have. It’s been such an issue for everyone. I understand people should know the difference but some like myself are new traders. I do know the difference and trading is something you can expect to lose money on. This however is out of order. I do a lot of reading so I have faith in the direction they are trying to go but seems a bit unorganized if you ask me. I really would like to be involved as much as possible but all of the confusion has me very hesitant to invest not only more of my money but time. I’ve given way more of that than anything and time is money!!! I could spend it on another up and coming project.

Solved.
I would like to thank the IoTeX Community here for the help. Also, I would like to give a shout out to Jeremi [IoTeX] on Discord for the help he provided. It turns out that screwed up when I converted, I inadvertently converted to WIOTX. Now I am in the process of swapping over to IOTX.

It was suggested I use mimo.exchange; however, the gas fee was between $400.00 and $600.00!! It there a cheaper exchange?

2 Likes

Hi Pyxis2025,I’m pretty sure that the Mimo fee is not so high :wink:
Please make sure you have enough funds in your Metamask (not too close to 0 IOTX) as sometimes Metamask just goes crazy and estimates crazy numbers when the balance is close to 0!

Hi Pyxis2025,I’m pretty sure that the Mimo fee is not so high :wink:
Please make sure you have enough funds in your Metamask (not too close to 0 IOTX) as sometimes Metamask just goes crazy and estimates crazy numbers when the balance is close to 0!

[Discourse post]

Anyway, you can also swap IOTX with it’s Wrapped versions (CIOX or WIOTX) 1:1 on ioTube V5 - Beta

In this case, you first convert WIOTX->CIOTX, then from CIOTX->IOTX.

Mimo is just faster. The fee is a small fraction of a IOTX.

Just a question… Are you going to help everyone in your community who has native IoTeX blocked in Coinbase or are you just thinking of continuing to ignore us? …

2 Likes

Just a question… Are you going to help everyone in your community who has native IoTeX blocked in Coinbase or are you just thinking of continuing to ignore us? …

[Discourse post]

1 Like

Please I mistakenly transferred BUSD from Iopay wallet to Binance.

How can I recover the Busd :sob::sob::sob:

They just continue to ignore us. I used to believe we’d get our money back but these fu;(5king thieves have stole thousands from me. If I ran into the owner of one of these shit companies it would not end well for them. Thieves not gods. Losers.

Подскажите,пожалуйста, есть ли варианты перевода iotex в сети iotex на кошельке ioPay в сеть ethereum??? В ioTube v5 обмен временно приостановлен из-за отсутствия ликвидности.Может есть какой то другой вариант?Заранее спасибо!

На данный момент необходимо ждать когда появится ликвидность и использовать мост.