SIM Cards known to work with Pebble

I purchased both of the AT&T SIM cards, LTE-M and NB-IOT. I can’t get either of them to work. I activated both of them with AT&T, inserted them in the Pebble Tracker, held down the button, and saw the IOTEX logo, then nothing. The display kept going back to Riverrock, v 1.0.8, NB-IOT Main Net.

Do I need to do something else like set up MachineFi, buy IOTX tokens, etc?

1 Like

yeah you should setuo a machinfi account as well as have some IOtX tokens in there to connect your pebble device.

@247earnings does the device eventually connects to the cellular network? You should see the signal strength in the top right corner within 1-2 minutes max from powering on.

If it connects then the SIM card is fine. Just visit https://pebble.iotex.io to know how to setup a MachineFi account

I just received the 1NCE SIM card, it doesn’t seem to work here in Lithuania as it just shows the dots on the top left of the Pebble.

I’m able to go to Latvia/Poland and test it there as both support LTE-M or NB-IOT.

Meanwhile I’ve contacted 1NCE about expanding LTE-M/NB-IOT to Lithuania as I can get more people to join up once it is supported. :slight_smile:

UPDATE January 2023 - 1NCE is now working in Lithuania and I’ve connected my Pebble to enviroBloq to get daily IOTX rewards for the data.

No, the only thing appearing in the top right corner is a SIM card image and a battery level. Dots are scrolling in the top left corner.

Hello. I have a little problem with the Pebble device. I also activated SIM card. I made all the settings, but it doesn’t show my location and map on my Machinefi account where I see all the other parameters. I also don’t get the GPS badge on my Pebble. How can I activate the GPS function? Thanks!

Hi @RoK GPS is activated by default (although, as a privacy measure, the location is approximated) please make sure that

1. You updated to the latest firmware (see this document for instructions: https://docs.iotex.io/verifiable-data/pebble-tracker/firmware-update)

2. You are outdoor, or at least very close to a window. GPS antennas require to have a certain portion of the sky directly visible to be able to catch the signal.

Let me know how it goes

Hi @zimne I had done the firmware update. The only unknown was the display of the GPS symbol on the screen of the Pebble device and the display of the location in the Machinefi application. I put the device next to the window and the problem was solved, including the appearance of the map and the location in the Machinefi application. Can you tell me what I can do next? Can I mine NFT with Pebble? Or other applications? Thanks!

Hi @RoK congrats on getting your Pebble updated and running!

So far there are no Dapps ready to use Pebble data. Stay tuned on our announcement and community channels for updates!

Any known working sim to use in Vietnam?

Hi! Error or hack?

Heya this is what I found in IoTeX Discord Chat

1. This is a known issue, it’s related to the API for hosting image files. The file hosting site is known to contain viruses, so Google Chrome flagged it as potentiality dangerous

Any page that uses the fleek.co API will experience this issue

Yes, IoTeX has already started looking for alternative providers

link to conversation: Discord

Hi @RoK thank you for your report.

@anwar139 is correct, the issue was due to a third-party storage service used to archive the website images and that was recently flagged by Chrome as a dangerous service.

We have already fixed this issue.

The link to buy sim card in China is not working, can you resend it?

Viet Nam. Sim M2M Viettel is working

3 Likes

@Darkmoon, when you see your metamask wallet address on the display you are supposed to press and release the power button once, then wait for pebble to complete the registration.

Please check the get started guide here: Quick Start - IoTeX Developer Documentation

i done it. and update pebble. thanks

Is there a solution if there is no LTE-M and NB-IoT network in my country?

I’m also having the same issue. Our only option is to wait it out until it becomes available. If I’m wrong then I’d love to hear a solution :confused: