SIM Cards known to work with Pebble

This topic collects feedback for Pebble Tracker owners testing SIM cards in different countries: please comment under this topic with your experience with the different providers you tested: which ones worked and which ones didn’t.

:stopwatch: Coming soon
You can buy the IoTeX officially supported SIM card on the dedicated IoTeX website, covering over 100 countries and regions.

Below is the list of alternative SIM cards tested by community members, grouped by country:

USA

Canada

China

Mexico

• Known to work
    • America Movil - Telcel

Croatia

Italy

• Known to work

• Not working

• Vodafone - Smart Sim: The SIM used to work in the past, now their app is complaining, saying that the “device is not supported”.
    • Thingsmobile - Standard SIM: NB-IoT seems not to be supported yet

Vietnam

• Known to work
    • Sim M2M Viettel
5 Likes

One more IoT sim option which might fit your needs for Pebble Tracker.
Anywhere in the world, with Infobip Things.

1 Like

What MB size is recommended?

1 Like

@aobradovic these seem more like IoT platforms, not SIM cards.

Please only share your experience with sim cards that you actually tested with a Pebble tracker in this topic

1 Like

Currently, with the default firmware, Pebble consumes a bit less than 3Mb for 24h of use.

1 Like

Romania - Vodafone works NB-IoT

2 Likes

Great! Did you have the chance to test it in a Pebble Tracker directly? @elgrande1

1 Like

Yeah, that’s how I tried.

I’ve got EMnify SIM card and appears to be working in Canada. NB-IoT. Canadians will understand how our monopolized system works. I didn’t check with the Canadian big 3 as it seemed like a hassle.

1 Like

@zimne aware that iot sims are something needed for these type of trackers that’s the reason of sharing it; We talk about various types of cellular technology IoT sims + connectivity management platform which gives you better insights about network performance of the sims itself; Hope this clarification helps.

1 Like

I’ve got EMnify SIM card and appears to be working in Canada. NB-IoT. Canadians will understand how our monopolized system works. I didn’t check with the Canadian big 3 as it seemed like a hassle

Thanks for your contribution! I will add it to the list :+1:

What kind of USDT should be on my metamask wallet to pay for the SIM card? As matic or BSC?

Your Metamask must be connected to the IoTeX network when logging in to the portal, and the USDT must be on the IoTeX network.

You can swap IOTX (or other token that you have on IoTeX) for USDT on https://mimo.exchange

Anyway the process is fully guided.

1 Like

Why I can’t buy sim from autobahn? Keep seeing this error

I bought a 1nce SIM two weeks ago. On my first try a few Days ago, MachineFi told me the IMEI was wrong. I tried again today and now it seems to work. I have temp, humidity etc., but no map. But thats maybe because I’m indoor right now.
Oh, and I’m located in Germany.

I would like have info about usage in Turkey, does anyone has use it?

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

I want to buy a sim for Pebble but the IoT sim is not available in my current location…? any help

sal! cum am putea schimba 2 msj in privat?:pray:

Hello. Can i use autobahn sim to activate my pebble and then after that change the sim with one from my provider country like orange or vodafone? Thank you.