To all who have lost coins in Coinbase

I will let everybody know if it works as soon as they respond. I won’t charge anybody for anything. But hey, I’m not one to turn away free coins. I will let you know.

IOTX turned me down. It’s not a really big idea but I really think it might work. My idea is that IOTX native coins get supported in the Coinbase wallet app (I mean the separate wallet that you download just to save coins and tokens) and we might be able to just import the coins directly from Coinbase because the hosted wallets and the external wallets are connected internally and it is not required to input a private key or anything to transfer coins between them. I believe that the Coinbase Wallet will be able to read the coins and request them internally. But Support turned me down a couple of days ago with a very condescending reply that really made me upset and made me feel worse than what I already feel.

1 Like

Hey Frank, thanks for sharing, I think its time for us to get a lawyer. I’m very frustrated as you are and this coming Monday I will talk to a lawyer. Let me know if you want to be included in the talks

1 Like

OMG i’m not the only one like this! Thank God, so after making a captain’s discovery of ‘Arbitrage potential’ damn it, i bought 1500 coins and sent it to coinbase, it said it would take hours and needed like an army of confirmations i sent some more and some more and 5 times like a moron. After speaking with two completely useless support teams of crypto and coinbase, i was told same thing you were. Feedback request appeared on coinbase and I said that I am going to file a case for misrepresenting assets it was labeled IOTX it had the same logo, same description there was no visual indicator that it is not a native IOTX (i omitted the 5 warnings i saw saying to only send ERC-20, i did not know what erc-20 was token is a token come on. Yeah….twice! So after that feedback as im staring at my portfolio on coinbase pro i see the name change from IOTX to now in () it says IoTeX (ERC-20) f$&ers caught on. Anyway, im not a lawyer i am a developer, not blockchain just regular .net developer working as a contractor writing API integrations, websites, and apps. Is it something that can be developed and they just don’t have time/resources? We can start an unclaimed funds in crypto:-)

3 Likes

Well I want to thank everyone for signing the petition… I believe it is working and I am 98% certain coinbase is going to add support for the native token now…It is only a matter of time…just need to keep sending in support requests!! keep replying to your support messages reaffirming that this is there fault for not labeling the tokens at launch, they labled after the mistake of thousands of people…KEEP REPLYING TO THE GENERIC SUPPORT EMAILS AND MAKE SURE TO KEEP SHARING THE PETITION GANG!! IT IS CRUCIAL!!!

6 Likes

So it has been a few months and still no sign that Coinbase is going to add native IOTex support. Anyone have an update they’d like to share, good or bad? I’d love to get some good news on this at some point.

I’d also love to hear from IOTex about what if anything they are doing to support all of the people who invested in their project who are now out a lot of money. They have remained remarkably silent throughout all of this.

I think the overall consensus is F*&% all users who accidently shipped their tokens to Coinbase even though Coinbase didn’t have any specific call outs to their token being a “ERC” represented version of the IOTX native token… I have essentially taken my hundreds of dollars as a loss. Unfortunately in US taxes though, you can’t even claim it as a loss if the tokens are stolen/lost. So i’m just super out of the funds. Live and learn, Quadruple check blockchain networks and also send small portions first to test out connections.