Transfer from coinbase to IoPay app

So i am new to the Iotex community. I bought some tokens, but when in wanted to transfer them from coinbase to iopay its not working.

Basically i used the “Web3” address to send the tokens i bought on coinbase to the iopay app. Coinvase gave me a confirmation email saying the tokens were sent but the iopay app says i still have 0 iotex tokens.

What can be done to fix this issue?

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I transferred like 2000 IOTX yesterday from my coinbase pro account via web3 to the IO PAY walltet but it has not arrived. Admin or support team, please advice what to do!

1 Like

So, i want to add this. I selected the web3 option when transferring from coinbase to iopay.

Now i did some digging and found that someone had a similar issue when transferring from iopay to coinbase and the devs said that its lost.

Now my confusion lies at the fact that when i go on iodexscan and put in the web3 wallet address to see where my iotex tokens that are labeled “-ERC20” went, the website directs me to my iopay wallet address. So with that being said, where can we go from here?

It’s really easy to recover it. u just need to import your private key to metamax and select eth network and u can see iotex erc 20 version. And after that use iotube.org to bridge between erc to native. I can give You a another suggestions send iotex erc 20 version to same coinbase address and sell iotex erc 20 version for btc and send btc to Binance exchange and sell btc in Binance exchange for usdt and buy iotex native in Binance exchange from u can easily withdraw to iopay.

The address which is starting with io is iotex native address(iopay)

Note. If you’re new to crypto careful move money between exchange. Before you sending big money try with small money…

1 Like

It’s really easy to recover it. u just need to import your private key to metamax and select eth network and u can see iotex erc 20 version. And after that use iotube.org to bridge between erc to native. I can give You a another suggestions send iotex erc 20 version to same coinbase address and sell iotex erc 20 version for btc and send btc to Binance exchange and sell btc in Binance exchange for usdt and buy iotex native in Binance exchange from u can easily withdraw to iopay.

The address which is starting with io is iotex native address(iopay)

Note. If you’re new to crypto careful move money between exchange. Before you sending big money try with small money…

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for the reply and help. I tried donwloading metamax but I could only find meta mask - is that what you mean?

I received only a private key when installing IoPay, not a recovery key phrase what meta mask is demanding. I can not proceed there with my recovery key as meta mask tells me an error sign that I need a recovery phrase…

Can you please help again?

Thanks!

Please open metamax wallet and click left side corner where u can see account in that downside u can see import account there put your iopay private key and after importing and select etherium mainnet. There u can see iotex erc

don’t share your private key anyone

Thank you so much - it did work !!! :slight_smile:

Now, am I able to send the IOTX from metax to IoPay because I would like to stake the coins?

I’ve tried but stopped when I noticed the gas fee was so high. How much did it cost you?