See our step-by-step voting instructions.
Vote now on the IoTeX Governance Portal.
Since IoTeX Mainnet Alpha was launched in April 2019, Delegates received rewards for running nodes to participate in consensus and secure the IoTeX Network. These rewards consist of three segments:
- Block Rewards: 8 IOTX per block mined (1 block every 5 seconds) for Top 36 Delegates
- Epoch Rewards: 18,750 IOTX per epoch split by Top 100 Delegates based on % of total votes
- Foundation Bonus: 80 IOTX per epoch for all Top 36 Delegates
While block rewards and epoch rewards are delivered by the iotex-core protocol, the Foundation Bonus rewards are sent directly by the IoTeX Foundation. The Foundation Bonus was originally intended to last from April 2019 - May 2020, and was extended (based on community vote) from May 2020 - June 2021. As of June 2021, the Foundation Bonus rewards have expired. For more details on the IoTeX Delegates program, see our official handbook.
This proposal is to extend the Foundation Bonus for one more year with the start date coinciding with the launch of Mainnet v1.5 in Q4 2021. The total rewards/structure of the Foundation Bonus will remain the same (80 IOTX per epoch for all Top 36 Delegates). This proposal will continue to incentivize Delegates to provide exceptional service and make the IoTeX Network more reliable, robust, and decentralized. In turn, we believe this proposal will deliver benefits to all IoTeX stakeholders.
- Eligibility: any IoTeX stakeholder (i.e., those that stake IOTX) can vote
- Discussion on Forum: Friday, September 10 to Wednesday, September 15
- Voting Period: Thursday, September 16 - Friday, September 24
- Implementation (if accepted): Mainnet v1.5 (Q4 2021)
- Voting on Snapshot: see our step-by-step voting instructions