I think I lost my IOTX with two deposits to Coinbase

Hi to everyone, here’s my sad story with IOTX.
Hope this help others to not commit my error and loose money.

I tried to send my IOTX from binance to coinbase pro, to try to win some money.
In the deposits the token, wasn’t showed that they were erc20.
Not too big loose.
First transaction was from binance to coinbase. 168 tokens
The last was form binance to an iopay walllet and then to coinbase. 1904 tokens

All of them succeed and very fast, but the funds didn’t arrived to my coinbase and coinbase pro wallet respectively.
Coinbase automated supports can’t help, and emails are disabled.

This are the two transactions:

I think coinbase did a bad job, not showing clearly a ERC20 advice of the token wallet for the deposit.

How can a coin succeed with this ephemeral’s problems?

I retired all my assets from coinbase, I don’t trust them anymore.

Do you thinks there’s any possibility to recover my tokens?

Since they are not providing the public key for the wallet adress however they should provide a way to recover it since the wallet address is our, i have asked them to transfer back through IOpay app, or give me the key after authentication. This os effecting plenty of users and we should probably force them together even by law since they missed the proper notification in the wallet.

3 Likes

How did you contact them?
The emails are disabled contact and support @coinbase.con
The bot option always give error cause they dont handle this situation.

I am on board with this. I lost 15 grand today because of this.

I am also on board I have lost some money also and it is a big hit to my stability please if anybody figures it out please help there was a guy on Reddit that was explaining how to do it I tried it I don’t know if I did it right but I couldn’t figure it out I’ve been at it for over 40 hours straight trying to get my money back

I am also on board I have lost some money also and it is a big hit to my stability please if anybody figures it out please help there was a guy on Reddit that was explaining how to do it I tried it I don’t know if I did it right but I couldn’t figure it out I’ve been at it for over 40 hours straight trying to get my money back

[Discourse post]

Same thing been trying to find answers all day i have 2700 coins out there stuck says pending nonce on IOTX transaction

Same thing been trying to find answers all day i have 2700 coins out there stuck says pending nonce on IOTX transaction

[Discourse post]

If you add the destionation wallet address in iopay app you will see the iotx arrived but in iotx system. The problem that we don’t have the public key so we can only watch it right now. I have raised a request for Coinbase support but they declining it since the hash is in iotx system what they don’t support, i have replied back to their email what they need to do to send the money back with iopay app since they have the public key to do it and they not sharing it. I will call them as well and raise an official complaint since they have everything to resolve this. And if that does not help the next step is the authority. No fucking way we should leave all that money for them…

4 Likes

please tell us everything if you get an answer

1 Like

This is the issue but the issue is iotx choosing to support two chains across different platforms with no exchanges really saying were native and hey we are erc i found this out to late by reddit and this thread which is unacceptable im now stuck with too much of a coin i dont really want and now dont believe in tbh

2 Likes

They should support it , because the two addresses are connected. What makes it fishy is that when you paste the Erc 20 address in the send field , it’s automatically converts to the iotex address/web 3, so it made it look like everything was ok . It didn’t give the error message of an invalid address. It’s fucked up

5 Likes

Of course i will, it has crushed many of us and even if they transfer back we will loose if IOTX goes down on Crypto.com but i am trying to be positive that i will go up and we all get it back !

I lost about $3500 of iotx by sendingnit to coinbase from crypto.com. Please help :slight_smile:

Please send more info. Thanks

Please send more info. Thanks

[Discourse post]

How did you do it? I need help

I can’t give more details because I also learned how to get it back by paying a software developer. Sorry, I can’t tell for free.

What is it you want?

1 Like

Twenty percent of the iotx I’ve helped undo