Recovery of lost IOTX

yes I am asking support at coinbase

that is what I did, where do i insert a recovery phrase? on a wallet?

1 Like

iopay wallet supports it? can’t I use that somehow?

That is the a question, i don’t know where we can import our wallet… The support iotx do not answer … :confused:

1 Like

Coinbase and crypto.com told me they are lost funds

1 Like

Coinbase and crypto.com told me they are lost funds

[Discourse post]

1 Like

L3t me add this here. Since they are not providing the public key for the wallet adress however they should provide a way to recover it since the wallet address is our, i have asked them to transfer back through IOpay app, or give me the key after authentication. This os effecting plenty of users and we should probably force them together even by law since they missed the proper notification in the wallet.

2 Likes

Coinbase said they can’t recover the funds. It has to be a way.

I feel like I’m a vet in this space and I let this happen to me , throwing money away

1 Like

I can see it when I go to the Blockchain but how do you see it on the actual wallet app I can’t bring it up

1 Like

You can add the destination wallet adress in iopay app and you will see.

They have the possibility to recover, i am gathering all the victims for this and we need to force them!

4 Likes

Crypto.com told to me i just need to import my wallet to a wallet support nativ iotx token

1 Like

Crypto.com told to me i just need to import my wallet to a wallet support nativ iotx token

[Discourse post]

I fell victim to this

Possible to make a telegram group to stay in contact ?

1 Like

I just wrote this to coinbase support.

It is coinbase’s responsibility to make users aware of which network it(coinbase) is using for a wallet address. Coinbase does this on a number of other currencies, but it is NOT noted anywhere in your IOTex wallet that this is an ERC-20 address. Almost all other exchanges are using the native IOTex network, so it is Coinbase’s responsibility to make this difference obvious to the user. From searching the IOTex forums I can see that this is a major issue affecting many people. I expect coinbase to provide a means to transfer our IOTex native coins into our coinbase ERC-20 wallets. I also expect coinbase to add a warning to the IOTex wallet so future users do not have this problem.
Please respond with a timeline for the resolution of this issue which is clearly Coinbase’s responsibility.
Thank you,

9 Likes

Thanks a lot for the information

I just got this response from Coinbase. Not helpful in the slightest. Except for that weird hint at the end about if they add support for it later we might be able to access the funds. That part was interesting.
'-------------------------------
Since we don’t currently support this network, we can’t recover them. It’s always important to check the list of assets and networks supported by Coinbase before sending any funds to a Coinbase account: https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbase/supported-crypto

Although we currently don’t support this asset, if a previously unsupported asset becomes available on Coinbase, we may be able to credit these funds to your account in the future.

Thanks for your understanding.

'---------------------------

Understanding my A$$

2 Likes

They sent me the same response for my crypto.com transfer to coinbase. Out almost $500. I should have known better. First and last time trying arbitrage trading. It would be nice if everybody played ball on the same field. What is the point of having the same crypto on different blockchains if they aren’t compatible with each other?

1 Like

I think my biggest issue with it from the coinbase perspective is that they knowingly provide a wallet address that doesn’t work for transfers from ANY other exchange. From a legal standpoint I think that is the most egregious and culpable part of this. Even the help page that they continue to reference says nothing about different networks or even the fact that coinbase is based on ERC-20. It is a glaring omission, and one that I hope the fix soon so more people don’t fall in to this trap.

1 Like