[SeekingFeedback] Metaphysical Travelers

Proposal details

Project Name

Metaphysical Travelers

Project Type

Use Pebble and blockchain data to track traveler’s journeys and earn NFT’s based on their unique experiences.

Proposal Description

My goal is to create a community of travelers that embark on journeys to unique, worldly destinations (ex: destinations with high spiritual energy vibrations, wonders of the world, etc.) where they can collect NFTs (maybe badges or avatars) related to their unique travel experiences that can eventually be used or displayed in a metaverse. My ultimate goal would be to eventually re-recreate physical locations travelers visited in a meta world. Photos travelers took and the unique NFTs they collected along the way could be viewable as others ‘walk along’ their journey.

I plan on curating traveling experiences that guide people toward traveling the world, learning how to grow spiritually, while also connecting our physical world to our technological world.

Travelers will browse curated travel experiences, choose and purchase an experience (possibly using crypto). Travelers will use Pebble to document their travels. Proof and details of their journey will be accessible on the blockchain. Upon their return, travelers will earn a location or experience specific NFT. For example: If I curated trips based on the Wonders of the World and a traveler chose and hiked Machu Picchu, they could earn a ‘Wonders of the World’ badge or an Inca inspired avatar that they would be able to access via our app. They’ll be able to share their accomplishments and travels with fellow community members.

Milestone 1: Test Pebble and navigate Blockchain data - I will need to test Pebble, seek guidance on how to navigate data on the blockchain, and figure out a way to connect data to our website and app.

• Duration: 3 weeks
  • Deliverables: Reports on demo users blockchain data and instructions on how it can be accessible from an app / website
  • Funds request (USD): 5,000 USD

Milestone 2: Figure out and seek guidance on how to conduct business using crypto as a payment method

• Duration (weeks): 2 weeks
  • Deliverables: Report on how to use crypto as a payment method and details on how it can work for my business.

Milestone 3: Build website and app prototype - I will need to hire a designer to design an app and website prototype that has space to include curated experiences (some or all available for purchase with crypto), ability to purchase Pebble, user access to blockchain data and NFTs, and pre and post travel instructions.

• Deliverables: Website and app prototype
  • Funds request (USD): 10,000 USD

Milestone 4: Hire NFT designer - I will need to hire a designer to create unique NFT’s for each travel location. I’d also like for this person to travel to each location with me to gain inspiration.

• Duration: 1 weeks
  • Deliverables: NFT designer portfolio and information

Milestone 5: Travel Research with Pebble - A few members of my team and I will need to travel to various destinations (at least 3) to create uniquely curated travel experiences. My research will be used to design trips that will be featured on our website and app.

• Duration: 4 weeks
  • Deliverables: Research report on each location that includes fully curated experience details
  • Funds request (USD): 30,000 USD

Milestone 6: NFT designs prototypes - NFT designer will create design prototypes

• Duration: 4 weeks
  • Deliverables: unique location or experience related NFT prototypes for each of our curated locations

Milestone 7: Hire developer to turn web/app prototypes into a functional website and app that includes curated experiences (some or all available for purchase with crypto), ability to purchase Pebble, user access to blockchain data, finalized NFT prototypes, and pre and post instructions for travelers.

• Deliverables: Revised website and app prototype
  • Funds request (USD): 20,000 USD

Milestone 8: Consumer Testing - Select a few travelers who are willing to provide feedback on our web and app user experience.

• Duration: 2 weeks
  • Deliverables: Research report for each consumer on their overall experience with the app/website
  • Funds request (USD): 5,000

Milestone 9: Have designer and developer make final revisions to website/ app based on consumer testing data and feedback that also include finalized NFT designs

• Deliverables: Report on final changes made to website and app

Milestone 10: promote website, app, and community on social media platforms

• Deliverables: Report on social media promotion data

Milestone 11: Official launch of website, app, and community

• Duration: 1 week
  • Deliverables: website / app data
  • Funds request (USD): none

Total funds requested

$110,000

About your Team

I’m currently a team of one with a big idea. I would need to hire someone to manage blockchain data and cryptocurrency, a web/app developer, web/app designer, and an NFT designer.

Metrics

My goal is to have 100 new users per month for a total of 1,200 users in the first year.

=== Do not change this section ===

By posting a proposal, you accept the rules below:

https://community.iotex.io/t/grant-issuance-rules/3839

Community voting

Community members can vote on grant proposals to facilitate grants assignments to their favorite projects. Please vote on this proposal:
  • I Like this proposal
  • I Don’t like this proposal

0 voters

=== Please add Milestone Reports below ===

Like this project a lot, @DallasTxChick let’s have a chat about this project in detail. You can shoot me an email to start!

2 Likes

If my pebble tracker worked, won’t download the firmware.

Anyway this is a great idea and had similar thoughts for using the pebble tracker.

I’m heading to do the everest base camp trek next week. Was thinking you could reach out to pebble tracker owners and pay them for their data journey. You would get a lot more data for your 30k you are requesting.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback. That’s a great idea. I’d love to follow your journey and possibly connect in the future. Do you have social media accounts I can follow?

Sorry I’m only on twitter as an NFT so I do not document my personal life.

I was hoping to use the pebble tracker and create a very basic app for friends and family to track my progress. But might have to wait for my sim card to be delivered from iotex. Unless I can get my current sim working before next week. I’ll keep you posted.