[Instructions] Depositing & Withdrawing IOTX with Coinbase

From what I’ve gathered. We are able to retrieve the contents of the wallet where the coins are by importing the wallet to the IoTex wallet but in order to do that we need the private key to the wallet where they are being stored. Coinbase says they don’t support the coin in the native state so they are saying the coins never made it to them. So if the transaction was completed successfully according to IoTex transaction explorer, then where did the coins go? I can view the wallet with the coins in it through the IoTex wallet but to fully recover we need the private key. Where does the wallet holding the coins reside? Do it reside within IoTex block chain? and if so, can they provide us with the Private key? or does it reside within Coinbase? and if so can they provide the key?

3 Likes

I take it funds are completely lost then because we will not have access to private keys from either platform.

1 Like

I solved the problem and got back my lost iotx through coinbase wallet. I’ll tell anyone who wants it, how you can get it back, but it’s not free.

How did you get it done. You have to help us

Is it possible even on my scenario

How did you do it? Where you able to locate the coins?

After doing some extensive research on my transfer. It shows that the coins that were supposed to be transferred from Crypto.com to the Coinbase wallet never got to the Coinbase wallet. They are stored in a IoTex wallet. I also found out that Coinbase doesn’t support the IoTex network. Most of the coins that Coinbase supports are Ethereum based tokens. It also supports other block chains but IoTex is not one of them which makes sense why the coins never made it to the Coinbase wallet address and why the address was changed in the IoTex transaction explorer. If anyone can prove me wrong please do because I’m still trying to find out how to get my coins. If the coins were redirected to an IoTex wallet because Coinbase doesn’t have the capability to receive it then I believe that IoTex should have the capability to help us out.
I have accidentally tried to transfer coins from my Trust wallet to other wallets that are different like ERC20 and BEP20 and the transaction is automatically stopped because they are different. Why didn’t that happened when I made the transfer from Crypto.com to Coinbase? There is obviously a flaw in the system and I don’t think the investors should have to pay for them. Can someone please help me with this issue?

3 Likes

I really hope you didn’t lose them permanently because that is a lot of money. I have 1500 coins lost as well and I’m going to retrieve them one way or another. Lol! If I figure out how I will let you know.

1 Like

Thank you!!! I appreciate it…

Are you kidding me? Why would it even be an option, or allowed to transact to an address that is not native to it… The process to send Iotex to and from Major apps that list the token should also block transfers that are not compatible…

Iotex lost many investors, and I personally know dozens of investors who are now dropping Iotext, as well as Coinbase Pro for good.

I want to hit this point again so it sinks in… The retail investor should not have to go through all the hoops, and mazes to make a simple transfer. Coinbase should have Had a major disclaimer, when purchasing Iotex, about the incompatibility of the coin being transferred out of Coinbase, and to Iotex native. Apps should not allow the transfer, but Iotex should figure out a way to simplify the transfer from foreign to native.

Does Iotex have any customer support! Would would be a great idea for Iotex for its own success, is to figure out how they are going to refund all the millions of dollars lost by investors, and work on retrieval, or just a refund…

3 Likes

Hey Man, please kindly let us know how to retrive the lost iotx, and let me know how much it costs to help

THIS IS THE EXACT QUESTION WE NEED!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

I still think we have a chance!!! I will figure it out…

3 Likes

anyone tried to restore lost coins using @adnanbey4646 help. Just don’t want to end up a laughing stock…as already we are termed as naive

2 Likes

This is a clear trap!

1 Like

I also feel the same about this. We should be able to retrieve it? Coinbase should have the private key, but they are not responding in support. I have been waiting a while.

1 Like

YES! Coinbase is shit. NO SUPPORT. There should be disclaimers, I agree. I have tried IoTeX support but it did not get me anywhere.

1 Like

They only vare about their profits !! Start being like a bank!!

Crypto.com and coinbase pro inducing clients to a trap! What they earns in this situation???