[Instructions] Depositing & Withdrawing IOTX with Coinbase

Any luck on this I was on the same boat thought it would just transfer like any other coin

1 Like

I think we are all in the same boat. Sadly lost 3400 IOTeX coins smh. Lesson learned

I think coinbase should technically have the private key to the IOTEX wallet you sent your coins to because it has the same public key as the ethereum wallet address provided by Coinbase. The “0x” address represents the same exact public key of the “io” address you sent the coins to.

Crypto.com should have given a warning when an ethereum formatted public address was used. IOTEX as “io” address and ethereum has “0x” address that represent the same public key. They are doing a very poor job of protecting their investors.

2 Likes

Even if they don’t support IOTEX block chain, they do own the private key to that wallet. The private key for the IOTEX wallet you sent your coins to is the same as the Ethereum wallet coinbase provided.

1 Like

Nothing IOTEX support can do for you. If they could provide a private key of a public address at will, then the block chain would be the exact opposite of secure.

Coinbase is the only entity that can access your coins. The private key that represents the ethereum wallet you tried to send coins to is the same as the private key for the iotex wallet you actually sent your coins to.

I cant beleive this…I just lost so much. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS

Hes lying. This is simple, CB wallet doesnt support native IOTEX. Literaly impossible.

Yeah we might be literally SOL. I’m setting tk come to terms with it

I lost many tokens as well…please sign my pettition with coinbase, hopefully we can either get the seed or they add support to iotx native chain…thank you…Petition · Coinbase adding support for IOTX native token · Change.org

1 Like

Please tell us how to do it. I just transferred shares from Crypto to Coinbase. It says complete but I have no idea where the went. I can see an address on explorer Please help us.

IOTX could easily refund our tokens. After all, they have our money now. Why couldn’t they just send us the tokens we have lost and call it a day? What is more important to IOTX then the investors who have believed in them and backed them with their hard earned money?

3 Likes

I just transferred coins from Crypto dot com to Coinbase and am out thousands at the moment. I sure hope this project fixes this mistake, which is completely theirs to own as fast as possible. We need a way to get our money back. I can see it on the explorer. Right now I’m very unhappy and negative and will never buy another coin until they fix this mistake. I’d hate to have to start trashing this coin on YouTube and all the social sites but at this point it is trash. Give us our money back and you may redeem yourself

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me as others here a few days ago. From Crypto.com to Coinbase. I had a bunch in coinbase and wanted to transfer my 3k tokens from crypto to CB… well same stupid issue. CB should say they are not using the native coin on their exchange or call it something else but of course they don’t and now transfer is delivered to a ERC20 wallet instead of native. Next time price pumps, I’m selling out of this project, this is nowhere near ready.

1 Like

IOTX needs to get Coinbase to release the funds or whatever they need to do to make this right.

I’m selling out also. Praying to get my funds returned also and I will sell immediately. This is filling like a scam coin.

Please sign this petition guys!!! I am a long time crypto enthusiast, this is literally the first time I have potentially lost funds. This is a blatant misrepresentation of a token on coinbase part!!! https://chng.it/LwJnP876 #lostiotx #coinbaseiotx

1 Like

This is the point I am at now. I used the wallet address it was transferred to and opened up a wallet on io.pay so now I can see the tokens that were transferred. However I cannot stake or send out to another wallet, it will allow me to receive tokens but who’s going to do that. I did send an email to support we will see what they say.

I have signed the petition!

I signed it too. Please how do I see my iotx coins in iopay

I downloaded ioPay on Apple and when it asked me to sign up with my wallet I copied the wallet my iotex was sent to and enrolled with that.” Address.