Official ioPay Wallet Thread

Welcome to ioPay (iopay.iotex.io)

ioPay is the official wallet for the IoTeX Network – you can use it to interact with the IoTeX blockchain to send/receive IOTX, sign transactions, execute smart contracts, stake/vote for Delegates, interact with applications, and much more. With ioPay, your public/private keys and cryptocurrency are safe and accessible so you can transparently manage your tokens and data.

In this thread, we share details about ioPay Desktop and ioPay Mobile – download here today!

ioPay 1.0 – Stable, Performant, and User-Friendly

The first version of ioPay Wallet was launched in mid-2019 – since then, the IoTeX Foundation has steadily improved ioPay with new features, bug fixes, and enhanced security.

In June 2020, ioPay 1.0 was launched in June 2020 and is the most stable, performant, and user-friendly ioPay release yet! ioPay 1.0 is now optimized to support the five pillars of Mainnet GA, such as support for native IOTX, Native Staking v2, and new voting website. Other new features launched as part of ioPay 1.0 include:

• Support of Native IOTX & Native Staking v2
  • Delegate registration/updates supported via ioPay
  • Login support for Ucam & IoTeX Dapps
  • Non-fungible token support (e.g., Ucam Pioneer NFT)
  • Upgraded security, including auto-lock and custom PIN

In the rest of this thread, we share some specifics about ioPay Mobile & ioPay Desktop.

ioPay Mobile (iOS, Android)

ioPay Mobile is packed with functionality in an easy-to-use app. In the app, you can easily store/send/receive IOTX and other cryptocurrencies, stake/vote for Delegates, view your transaction history, and access various Dapps and smart devices. The home page of ioPay and core features are outlined below:

Core Features of ioPay Mobile

• Manage your Cryptocurrency: store, send, and receive crypto on-the-go with ioPay, which supports native IOTX, XRC20 tokens, and non-fungible tokens
  • Stake/Vote for Delegates: stake your IOTX and vote for Delegates from your phone using ioPay. Step-by-step staking instructions can be found here.
  • Update Delegate profile: Delegates can update their voting profile directly from ioPay Mobile via “Discover” >> IoTeX Staking >> Delegate tab.
  • Login to Ucam: login directly to the Ucam app to access/control your Ucam. You can use ioPay to login to other “Powered by IoTeX” devices in the future!
  • Access IoTeX Dapps: login and access mobile Dapps via ioPay, where you can spend/earn IOTX and sign transactions with integrated wallet functionality
  • Claim VITA: stakers can claim their daily share of VITA with one-click via ioPay

ioPay Desktop (Mac, Windows)

ioPay Desktop is a reliable wallet that lets you interact with websites, manage your cryptocurrency, stake/vote for Delegates, and more.

Using ioPay Desktop, users can login using a keystore file and hardware wallet (e.g., Ledger). Ledger users may connect their hardware to ioPay in order to sign token transfer, contract execution, and staking/voting transactions – a great way to protect and manage your IOTX!

Core Features of ioPay Desktop

• Manage your Cryptocurrency: store, send, and receive crypto on-the-go with ioPay, which supports native IOTX, XRC20 tokens, and non-fungible tokens
  • Stake/Vote for Delegates: access the voting website to stake your IOTX and vote for Delegates. Step-by-step staking instructions can be found here.
  • Create a New Delegate: anyone interested in becoming an IoTeX Delegate may register via ioPay Desktop and the voting website
  • Access IoTeX Dapps: login and access desktop/web Dapps via ioPay, where you can spend/earn IOTX and sign transactions with your ioPay wallet
  • Claim VITA: stakers can claim their daily share of VITA with one-click via ioPay

Check out the latest version of ioPay Desktop here.

Questions or Feature Requests?

We designed and built ioPay for the IoTeX community – we would love to hear your feedback! Please let us know what you would like to see in future versions of ioPay in this thread.

8 Likes

Hello,
Larry!

What’s “Swap Wallets” on the ioPay Mobile?

Hi Leo! The “swap wallet” here means more “switch wallet”: in the IoPay App you can manage multiple different IoTeX wallets and that icon at the bottom allows you to quickly switch between all your wallets! You can enable/disable it in the app settings (it’s called “quick wallet switch”), I always have it enabled: Very convenient!!

3 Likes

How about adding USD value view of the tokens in the wallet and ability to specify token transfer based on USD value, not just # of tokens. Thanks!

2 Likes

Good feature request. We need to have $IOTX price on chain first (oracle). Otherwise, people may question the amount of IOTX others are sending.

1 Like

Hello

I downloaded ioPAY from the appstore / staked all my iOTEX tokens on Sunday 2 Aug 2020
On Min 3rd August 2020 the app crashes and bombs back out to my iPhone desktop every time I click the word stake.

I am trying to view my stakes and update and switch from auto stake to no auto stake

Why the issue?

Can someone fix this please? or how do I fix this issue, it’s a bit alarning

Hello,
there are some solutions may help which I private message you, please check

Hello, here some display bugs I see under xiaomi mi9 se, see the picture,

bugs-walleti-otx|427x500

best regards,
Fabrice!

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting!

I’m using a Ledger nano X and I’m trying to figure out how to import or how to observe the Ledger wallet within the IoPay mobile app. Or can you only import/create a ‘‘regular wallet’’?

Or is there simply no Ledger wallet support within the Mobile app, but only in the IoPay desktop app?

My ioPay iOS iPhone XR, it was wonderfully fine until I updated the new version 1.2.4! Exactly after I did this update it started to not work .

1 Like

Hey! There’s a new version that came out 2 days ago > 1.2.6 please update the app and let us know if ioPay is working for you

VIDEO GUIDE: TURN ON/OFF AUTO-STAKE

1. Open your ioPay (https://iopay.iotex.io/) wallet & select the bucket for which you want to turn off auto-stake
  2. Click “Edit” »“Restake”
  3. Make sure you enter the same (original) staking duration and click on the green button to turn off auto-stake » click “Next”
  4. Confirm the transaction on the pop-up screen that appears click “OK”
  5. You can refresh the screen to see the changes

Hi guys,

My iopay wallet gives me a error saying “Could not load the wallet account”

Can you help with the above?
Thanks

Hi guys,

My iopay mobile wallet gives me a error saying “Could not load the wallet account”

can it be fixed somehow? I can’t find the private key, is there any procedure to find the key from my android device?

I’m trapped and I can’t send my IOTX chips to another wallet :frowning:

Can you help with the Jabove?

1 Like

Lost my phone, unable to open new Iopay app on new phone. Only have the original wallet address . Any suggestions? Or forget it.
TIA

Mine does too …

Help please

Hello, I am still trying to learn about ioPay, and I thought reassigning my bucket to another wallet of mine would be the way to get them out of staking as I could not figure out how to get my tokens back. I saw that I could reassign the bucket to where I wanted so I put an address of my own and they did not go to my address but instead an unknown address and noe ALL my IOTEX have been given to someone I don’t know. Why did this happen and how can I get my nearly 3,000 iotx back? Surely there is a way if I have the address? Please help that’s all the iotex I owned. Thanks :frowning:

As I understand, reassigning a bucket means keep staking but with another one address. So if you’ve sent your IOTX on another address through reassigning a bucket first try to see your bucket on https://member.iotex.io/ loging in with the address you’ve sent your IOTX. I think you’ll see your bucket there.

1 Like

Hi, and thanks for the response. The problem is that it did not get sent to the address I entered. It is at an address I do not own. Is there a way to communicate with that address? And if not, does that mean I will never see those iotx ever again? Why would it send them to a different address than I entered?