Official Ledger HW Wallet Thread

IoTeX Ledger App

Ledger Nano S & Nano X hardware wallets now support the IoTeX app for native IOTX operations. In this thread, we share how to get started with IoTeX+Ledger.

IMPORTANT: the account structure of the Ethereum & IoTeX Ledger apps is NOT the same. The native IOTX address (“io…”) in your Ledger app is NOT linked to your current IOTX-E (erc20) address.

Mainnet GA Migration for Ledger Users

Since April, we asked Ledger users to MAP their existing ETH stake/votes to a new IOTX address (where you own the private key) to facilitate Mainnet GA migration. Now that the Ledger app is ready, you can map directly from your ETH Ledger account to your IOTX Ledger account.

• I did not map yet: choose a native IOTX address to map your stake/votes; you may create a new IoTeX address where you own the private key OR map directly to your IoTeX Ledger account (see “Getting Started” section below).
  • I already mapped: you may keep your existing mapping OR update your mapping to point to your IoTeX Ledger address (see “Getting Started” section below). After Mainnet GA, you can transfer buckets between accounts at any time, so these mappings are not final.
  • I forgot to map: if you do not map before Mainnet GA, don’t worry! We have a service to route your stake/votes and IOTX coins to a new native IOTX address using a signature from your current IOTX-E (erc20) address – coming in June 2020.

For more details, please see the Mainnet GA Migration thread or contact an Admin on Telegram.

The IoTeX Native Ledger App

With the latest version of the ioPay desktop app, you can now access your native IOTX account via Ledger. The IoTeX Ledger app is now available and it’s officially reviewed and supported by the Ledger team, supporting transactions (i.e., sending/receiving coins) and signing/staking operations that support Native Staking v2.

Check out this article to get started with the IoTeX Ledger app:

Questions?

For any questions regarding Mainnet GA migration or how to use IoTeX+Ledger, please contact an Admin on Telegram.

8 Likes

well done! well done! well done!

2 Likes